|Job Title||Emergency Medic Dispatcher (EMD)|
|Location||Little Rock, AR|
|Reports to||Communications Supervisor|
Reviewing applications for this position now... Interviewing January 2019!
The Emergency Medical Dispatcher performs emergency and non-emergency call taking and system status management in MEMS' Communications Center.
Compensation $34,000.00 per year, plus generous benefits
Please note the scheduling requirements: you must be available to work 12 hour rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays. New EMD's are often assigned to night shifts.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 year EMT or Communications experience preferred
- Obtain Healthcare Provider CPR certification from MEMS’ instructor during the first two weeks of employment
- Obtain IAEMD certification on initial attempt or qualify for re-test, unless already certified with IAEMD
- Must maintain certifications by attending required training and testing.
- Answering incoming calls to the Communications Center
- System management and emergency medical dispatching
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of geography of service area and ability to read map
- Knowledge of communications related equipment
- Knowledge of MEMS Communications Department policies and procedures
- Ability to type effectively and perform accurate data entry
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
- Ability to speak clearly
- Ability to present caring and professional image over the telephone
- Ability to interact well with others
- Generally works a 12 hour rotating shift that includes weekends and holidays.
- Constant exposure to stress caused by fluctuating workloads while dealing with people in crisis situations
Physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of these jobs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Physical Requirements – While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit; talk and hear; use fingers, hands and arms to handle, reach and/or operate basic office equipment, objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.